Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2022 was hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on August 26-28, 2022.
Brochure: see 2022 PDF brochure.
Theme: “Cross and Kingdom”
“We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.”Acts 14:22b
The preaching of the cross is foolishness to the world, but to us who are being saved it is the power and wisdom of God—which according to I Corinthians 2, He has ordained before the world to our glory as followers of Jesus.
Our King not only laid down His life on Mount Calvary, He had died to Himself, to His own will, long before being nailed to and lifted up on a physical wooden cross. By this, He gave us an example that we should follow in His steps. He conquered sin and death—through the mystery and power of the cross. He resurrected from death, and now sits on the right hand of the Majesty on high. Had the princes of the world known all of this, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. The power and mystery of the cross portrays something of the depths of the unsearchable wisdom of God.
Now we too are invited to enter His eternal kingdom and glory by way of the cross. The Calvary Road may be narrow and less traveled, but it leads to everlasting life!
- “The Way of the Cross”
-by Dale Heisey, Marsella, Costa Rica
- “Awake O Church”
-by Barry Grant, Hicksville, Ohio
- “The Way of the Kingdom”
-by John D. Martin, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
- “No Blood but Our Own”
-by Zack Johnson, East Boston, Massachusetts
- Women’s topic: “Crosses of Womanhood”
-by Janie Wagoner, West Alexandria, Ohio
- Young men’s topic: “Overcoming Evil with Good: Ministering to the Gangs in Haiti”
-by Barry Grant, Hicksville, Ohio
- Panel discussion: “Discernment and Preparation: What Hill Should We Die On?”
Moderator: -Paul Shirk, Dover, Pennsylvania
Panelists: -Ken Miller, Stuarts Draft, Virginia
-Barry Grant, Hicksville, Ohio
-Zack Johnson, East Boston, Massachusetts
-John D. Martin, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
- “A Church Prepared for Persecution”
-by Ken Miller, Stuarts Draft, Virginia
- “A Church Life Worth Dying For”
-by Nathan Yoder, Free Union, Virginia
Did you know? Using our Dial-A-Message service, you may call and listen to audio messages from Kingdom Fellowship Weekend from any phone.
- The Way of the Cross by Dale Heisey - The way of the cross is more than historic drama that occurred on a hill far away. It’s more than a conflict of conscience because of the terribly large discrepancy between Christ’s holy standard and one’s faulty example of it. Something must happen to us on the cross. It must be the position of our… ...
- Awake O Church by Barry Grant - In this presentation, Barry Grant gives a rousing call to awake from spiritual slumber. Sleeping is tricky: you can accidentally fall asleep, and you cannot wake yourself up. We talk the talk, we sing the songs, and we pray the prayers - but where is God? With Judgment Day honesty, are you confident Jesus will… ...
- The Way of the Kingdom by John D. Martin - Have you ever wondered what the kingdom of God is? It was the greatest theme of Jesus’ preaching, but today is often misunderstood by Christians. This is tragic, because a genuine expression of God’s kingdom on earth is the primary way a broken world will come to know Him. In this message, Brother John D.… ...
- No Blood but Our Own by Zack Johnson - Christ calls his followers to a radical approach to sacrificial peacemaking that expects persecution, surrenders rights, and will sacrifice all for just one soul. In this talk Zack Johnson explores the question "what is peacemaking?" - he introduces the "four quadrants of Peace" to understand different approaches to peace and concludes that NO BLOOD BUT… ...
- Crosses of Womanhood by Janie Wagoner, Women's Topic - Janie Wagoner touched on several different crosses we face as women, including marriage, singlehood, and loss of health. However, the crosses we face in life are not the end. A quote from her experience with her daughter’s death from a heart defect, “God chose not to heal [my daughter’s] heart, but He can heal our… ...
- Overcoming Evil with Good: Ministering to the Gangs in Haiti by Barry Grant - In this presentation, Barry Grant offers a Scriptural basis for loving our enemies, combined with stories from his personal experience interacting with gangleaders in Haiti. Theories of enemy-love are great over the coffee table, but is that the best way to prepare to rightly respond when a gun is on your forehead? What is the… ...
- Discernment and Preparation: What Hill Should We Die On? – Panel Discussion by Barry Grant, John D. Martin, Ken Miller, Paul Shirk, Zack Johnson - Brothers Ken Miller, Barry Grant, Zack Johnson, and John D. Martin discuss what issues must be pursued with wholehearted conviction, with no regard to the cost. Panel discussion moderated by Brother Paul Shirk. How do we prepare to suffer for the cause of Christ? Peter tells us, "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us… ...
- A Church Prepared for Persecution by Ken Miller - Thomas' words to his fellow-disciples, "Let us go with Him that we may die also," once spoken in fatalistic tones, took on a new and exciting perspective for the apostles after Jesus' resurrection. In this presentation, Ken Miller shares a graphic, historical profile of the crucifixions of Stephen, James son of Zebedee, Philip, James "the… ...
- A Church Life Worth Dying For by Nathan Yoder - Drawing on the prophetic vision of the kingdom of God as illustrated in Psalm 48, Nathan Yoder calls for a close inspection of God's design, as the Psalmist says: Walk about Zion,And go all around her.Count her towers; Mark well her bulwarks;Consider her palaces;That you may tell it to the generation following. For this is… ...
Physical media for the audio recordings is available for sale from Victory Music Services (or call 443-480-1489).
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2022 also featured a segment organized by Church Planters’ Forum:
- Making Disciples in the Poorest of Countries by Barry Grant - What kind of heart and character is necessary to be effective in spreading the Gospel in countries with high rates of property. Can people communicate the Gospel of Jesus in other places if they don't do it at home in their own neighborhoods. And what Gospel and worldview should we make known anyway? This message… ...
- Growing the Church by Kevin Brechbill - From which three groups do churches grow their numbers? What principles should churches keep in mind as they seek to grow their churches? What should churches avoid and what should they concentrate on if they want their church to reflect a cross section of the local population? This message was given at the Church Growth… ...
- Teams That Work: Calling, Screening, Walking Together – Panel discussion by Andrew Kurtz, Dwight Nisly, Ernest Eby, Kevin Brechbill - How can callings contribute to good team relationships and how can they hinder good working relationships? Should a team screen those who want to join the team? What are some good questions that team members should ask each other before committing themselves to each other? What stages do teams often go through before they become… ...